Prince William and Kate Middleton lead the royals at Windsor Castle for Easter service without the Queen

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with their children, have joined other members of the royal family dressed in blue for the annual Easter Sunday service.

Prince William and Kate Middleton have led the British royal family, without the Queen, into a traditional Easter Sunday service at Windsor Castle.

The couple stepped out in the spring sun with Princess Charlotte and Prince George at St George’s Chapel in Windsor for a traditional Easter Mattins Service.

They were joined by Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex and their children, Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, The Sun reported.

Mike and Zara Tindall also attended the service.

Tindall’s brother, Peter Philips, is accompanied by his two children, Isla and Savannah, as he walks with Princess Eugenie.

The two cousins ​​were photographed sharing laughter with the young royals before they entered the chapel.

All the nobles seem to have made the memo wear blue.

Stay up to date with the latest news about the United Kingdom with Flash. 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer ends 31 October 2022 >

The duchess wore a bespoke pastel blue Emilia Wickstead coat dress – an outfit she wore on a 2017 visit to Luxembourg, paired with Emmy London “Rebecca Riviera” blue-grey suede pointy heels. Her daughter wore a blue floral Rachel Riley “Forget Me Not” smocked dress, covered by a navy blue Il Porticciolo “Roberto” cardigan, and was paired with light blue tights and black shoes. William and George are also twins, wearing navy blue suits.

See also  My Kitchen Rules: Kate and Mary bring drama in the 2022 season

The Queen, 95, did not attend after Buckingham Palace earlier said she was “not expected” to join the rest of the royals.

He was instead expected to mark the day in a small chapel at Windsor Castle.

Royal biographer Angela Levin told Sky News UK: “I couldn’t imagine that she would miss her prayers and feel that it was actually Easter Sunday.

“I think that’s what he’s going to do but I think it’s more worrying because now it’s announced that we won’t know if he will attend anything until that day so that shows how much his health has gone up and down. ”

His absence from the annual event came after the king was unable to attend Maundy Thursday services at St George’s Chapel in Windsor this week.

She was instead represented by Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. which will not serve today.

This is the fifth time in his 70 year reign that he has been unable to make an important Maundy event.

Fear of health

Insiders now claim the public should assume he will not attend any future events until confirmed by the Palace on that day.

His Majesty has been forced to withdraw from several engagements in recent months.

He missed the Commonwealth Day ceremony last month over concerns about his “comfort”.

The king has also been seen wielding a scepter for the past six months and recently told a visitor at Windsor Castle: “As you can see, I can’t move.”

But she recently received a golf cart worth £62,000 ($A110,000) to help her get around – and there’s hope it will help her fulfill a future engagement.

See also  Jana Hocking on why men should bring back the art of 'taking'

The Queen also attended a heartwarming memorial service for her late husband Prince Philip on March 29.

It was his first public engagement since February 5 after he faced a number of health fears including the battle with Covid.

It was also the first time he attended outside one of his houses in five and a half months.

But he was “actively involved” in the planning of the service, which featured elements Philip had planned for his funeral that was banned due to Covid.

The king walked hand in hand with his “favorite” son Prince Andrew as the thanksgiving service began at Westminster Abbey.

But once she reached the end of the hall, she broke free from Andrew’s elbow and confidently made the last few steps alone.

Today’s service follows reports of concerns Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could “hijack and overshadow” the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee if the pair returned this summer.

The pair are currently at Invictus Games in the Netherlands where they are being followed by a Netflix film crew for their documentary.

They flew into the event after Harry had “initiated” the conversation at Windsor Castle last week.

This article originally appeared in The Sun and is published here with permission.

Leave a Comment