Prince Harry, Meghan in the Netherlands ahead of the Invictus Games | Photo

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrived in the Netherlands today for their first European trip together since Megxit.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrived in the Netherlands today for their first European trip together since Megxit.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who yesterday met the Queen and Prince Charles in secret – were greeted with cheers from competitors on the Invictus Games website.

The couple was pictured walking hand in hand towards a friends-and-family reception at Zuiderpark, where the match was being held.

They were both seen beaming as they greeted the competitors and officials, who had not been together on that side of the Atlantic since 2020.

Harry wore a navy suit while Meghan wore a white Valentino jacket and trousers – $5800 – and a $3800 handbag.

The couple also reportedly had their Netflix documentary crew, which stood apart from the dozens of photographers covering his arrival.

The Sussexes met the Ukrainian team at the tournament for injured military veterans shortly before the reception.

Harry is pictured holding a calendar as he talks to those around him while Meghan smiles at the other members of the group in the back.

At one point Meghan waved at the press pen and she and Harry put their hands on each other’s backs in a show of support.

The Duchess, 40, was also seen giving a jacket to one of the Dutch Invictus Games competitors to keep her baby warm as she walked to the reception.

Harry and Meghan last year signed a Netflix mega deal that is said to be worth nearly $200 million.

Their first Netflix project was announced as an Invictus Games documentary with an Oscar-winning production team.

The Sussexes fly to the Netherlands for the Olympics, which take place between April 16 and 22, and are expected to be followed by camera crews throughout their journey.

But critics accused them of “monetizing” the show and “exploiting” Her Majesty by allowing the filmmakers to hold private meetings.

Royal commentator Tom Bower told MailOnline after the couple’s silent talk yesterday: “I have no doubt it was all done for their Netflix documentary.

“The Queen’s advisors failed to protect her from exploitation by the Royal Family’s worst traffickers, while the Sussexes exploited an unhealthy old woman to increase their credibility and their coffers.”

Harry and Meg met His Royal Highnesses and Charles as part of their whistlestop tour of Windsor Castle – their first England trip together since Megxit.

They arrived just weeks after turning down Prince Philip’s memorial service.

But it is unknown if the couple brought their son Archie, two, and 11-month-old daughter Lilibet — whom the Queen has never met.

Harry and Meghan are said to have been granted “VVIP” status by Dutch police for their visit, and are reportedly guarded by a “high-level multi-agency protection programme”.

It comes amid Harry’s ongoing legal battle with the British Government after he was stripped of the taxpayer-funded Met Police armed guard when he quit royal duties.

The couple have been assured that there is no “credible threat” to their safety and they will be looked after impeccably by Dutch security.

This story originally appeared in The Sun and is republished here with permission.

Read related topics:Meghan MarklePrince Harry

Leave a Comment